Job Title: Systems Architect
Client: Accenture | Veterans Affairs (VA)
Salary Range: TBD
Telecommute: Yes but we want local candidates
The position requires an energetic self-starter with a strong technical background and broad experience in product development management.
· Lead and guide the development of a complex data integration system.
· Provide innovative technical solutions to business problems in the pursuit of sharing data, developing analytical products, and building a compliant system that safeguards sensitive information
· Develop a solid understanding of the vision of the project and ensure it fits into the larger goals for the government client
· Enforce high-quality coding standards and practices via reviews and by demonstrating this in their own work.
· Mentor engineering teams and work efficiently and proactively to enable a large enterprise program to deliver loosely coupled, adaptable, scalable solutions
· 7+ years' experience in Java backend engineering
· 5+ years’ experience designing webservices in Java and Spring
· 5+ years’ experience in design of, creating and managing RESTful webservices
· Experience with one or more databases (Oracle preferred)
· High level project management skills
· Federal experience, especially with VA a plus
· Experience with cloud infrastructure a plus (e.g., Amazon Web Services - EC2, EBS, RedShift, EMR, ELB, SNS, RDS, CloudFormation, etc)
· Experience with big data processing frameworks a plus (e.g., Databricks, Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop)
· Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools and techniques (e.g continuous integration, Jenkins, Puppet, etc)
· Good communication and client-facing skills
· Advanced degree preferred (BA minimum)
· Eligible to hold a Public Trust Clearance