Position Details: Scrum Master
- Provide day-to-day management guidance and direction to scrum teams in the execution of tasks defined in the PWS.
- Manage resources and project based on timelines established in the project schedule, and monitor progress
- Use proven software development methodologies, including Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), SAFe, VIP and Process Asset Library (PAL) that assure that all contract-driven activities are identified, documented, and tracked so that the contract shall continuously be evaluated and monitored for timely and quality service.
- Act as primary interface with client and ensure client's needs are met within the scope of this project and our contract
- Provide project financial and resource management
- Plan and conduct 'VIP Build' planning or Program Increment (PI) Planning, manage PI-Planning session in accordance with SAFe and in alignment with VA VIP process
- Provide detailed metrics and dashboard covering tasks, assigned resources, and story points including burn down charts
- Identify, communicate, mitigate and manage project risks; provide weekly updates to PMSS Risk Manager on issues/risks requiring escalation
- Maintain requirements backlog and conduct requirements elaborations
- Plan and support Sprint and Build releases for all environment, and coordinate with Test and CM Manager to ensure adequate and timely support.
- Collect and maintain all release documents and ensure that compliance user stories have been completed and approved by assigned Release Manager
- 10 years of experience supporting software development programs
- 5 years of experience leading a program using either LeSS or SAFe (required)
- Strong experience as a Scrum Master and software development methodologies and proven ability to lead scrum teams in the execution of project tasks and providing monitoring including risk/issues management
- Experience managing scrum teams within VA, specifically working knowledge of VA's VIP management process and Rational Tool Suite
- knowledge of methodologies, technologies, frameworks, and toolsets such as Agile methodology, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Pega technology, IBM Rational toolset, VIP, Project Management Institute Project Management Body of Knowledge, Lean Six Sigma (LSS), and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) domain expertise
- Deep understanding of scaled agile development methodologies (SAFe)
- This role is the primary interface with the customer and requires high-level of professionalism; and oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific / technical discipline
- Additional 8 years' relevant experience may be substituted for Bachelor's degree