Position Details: Sr. DevOps Engineer
|$125/K - $135/K
Job Title: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Looking for a motivated software engineer passionate about architecting, building at scale, and defining the standards for how engineers build, configure, test, release and operate their applications/services on the cloud. You will be part of a team responsible for helping rollout the new CI/CD templates and Infrastructure Framework to a development teams. You will be closely collaborating with engineering teams to understand their current architecture and release process and make recommendations on best practices. You will work closely with the Engineering team, Quality Assurance, Security Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers to improve automation, and adoption of CI/CD best practices.
Additional perks with TISTA will include above Industry Healthcare Benefits, Remote Working Options, Paid Time Off, Training/Certification opportunities, Healthcare Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account, Paid Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401K Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Military Leave, and much more!
- Deploying, configuring, and maintaining security baselines within the Cloud Infrastructure Dev Ops team.
- Providing expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security and application security
- Overseeing the management and remediation of identified security flaws within our development platforms
- Developing and refining processes that produce artifacts to support security and compliance requirements
- Consulting with management on the operational requirements of software solutions.
- Contributing expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
- Managing the installation and configuration of solutions.
- Collaborating with developers on software requirements, as well as interpreting test stage data.
- Developing interface simulators and designing automated module deployments.
- Completing code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors.
- Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests.
- Documenting processes and monitoring systems health and performance metrics.
- Defining and conforming to best practices in infrastructure & network administration and cybersecurity.
- Mentoring software developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
- 5+ years’ experience in DevOps Engineering, team management, & collaboration using one or more of DevOps Automation tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Puppet, Ansible, GitHub, containerization (docker, kubernetes)
- Experienced in security best practices for cloud-based application architectures and micro services
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python and Java, and writing code and scripts. Expert in linux commands.
- Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform application troubleshooting
- Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring systems health and performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
- Knowledge and experience in AWS tools including EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Lambda, Security Groups, VPCs, WAF, Guard Duty, Inspector and others
- Experience with cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/SIEM tools, such as Splunk.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with Developers, DevOps, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment to promote/implement the DevSecOps program throughout the organization.
- Bachelor degree Computer Science or equivalent years of education and experience
- Austen, TX
- Rockville, MD
- Remote, US